Trinity Mirror PLC Complaints Policy and Procedure
Trinity Mirror PLC is a member of and is regulated by IPSO, the Independent Press Standards Organisation. We adhere to the Editors’ Code Of Practice as enforced by IPSO who are contactable for advice at Gate House, 1 Farringdon Street, London, EC4M 7LG.
1. If you wish to make a complaint
Trinity Mirror takes all complaints seriously. You are free to contact Trinity Mirror directly to seek a resolution to your complaint or to seek advice via IPSO. However BEFORE making a direct complaint to us please read our Complaints Policy (available here at http://www.trinitymirror.com/complaintspolicy) as it sets out those matters about which we will instigate a formal investigation and those matters which are not covered. Complaints made directly to us will only be considered within the terms of the Editors Code Of Practice (available here http://www.trinitymirror.com/code-of-practice)
If your issue is NOT covered by our Policy there are still options for you to set out your concerns to editorial staff. For instance, if you notice a factual inaccuracy in any of our publications that does not directly relate to you, please contact the publication or website directly using the details set out in the “Comments and Complaints” section on Page 2 of the print publication or the “Corrections and Clarifications” section at the foot of the homepage of the website which is the subject of your concern. Please also feel free to write to the Editor if you have any general concerns about any item in the newspaper.
If you wish to complain directly to Trinity Mirror and
- you have read our Complaints Policy
- are satisfied that your complaint comes within its terms,
- your complaint falls within the specified time limit (no later than four months after print publication or one year after first online publication) and
- have decided which clause/s of The Code best fit your complaint, please fill in the online form set out here (http://www.trinitymirror.com/complaints-form) and press the “Send” button. If you prefer a paper version please write to Legal and Compliance Department Trinity Mirror PLC one Canada Square Canary Wharf London E14 5AP and you will be sent a Complaints Form together with a copy of our Complaints Policy and Procedure . Please also use this address if you do not have the facilities to upload material and you wish to conduct this complaint in paper form.